jkup50 האט געשריבן:אויב איינער קען די d m v געזעצען איך וואלט זייער געוואלט ווויסן וואס מיינט פעסינג אן דאה לעפט איך טאר נישט א דארך פארן קיין קאר אויף די רעכטע זייט????
PASSING ON THE LEFT
The left lane is usually used for passing other vehicles. However, you may not pass a vehicle on the left if:
* Your lane has a solid yellow center line.
* You cannot safely return to the right lane before reaching a solid yellow center line for the right lane.
* You cannot safely return to the right lane before any approaching vehicle comes within 200 feet (60 m) of you.
* You are approaching a curve or the crest of a hill on a two-way road and cannot see around or over it.
* You are within 100 feet (30 m) of a railroad crossing on a two-way roadway.
* You are within 100 feet (30 m) of a bridge, tunnel or viaduct on a two-way road and your view is obstructed.
* Passing will interfere with oncoming traffic.
If conditions are right for passing, check in your mirrors and signal your lane change. Before pulling into the left lane, glance briefly over your left shoulder, through the rear side window, to make sure no vehicle is passing you or close behind you in the left lane. Never rely on your mirrors alone when preparing to change lanes. Even properly adjusted mirrors will leave "blind spots" behind you on both sides. If a vehicle is in the blind spot, you may not see it in your mirrors. Always glance over your shoulder before changing lanes or passing.
When passing, move completely into the left lane. Before returning to the right lane, signal and look at your interior rearview mirror and make sure you can see the front bumper of the vehicle you just passed. Glance quickly over your right shoulder to double-check that you can see at least several feet of pavement between your vehicle and the one you passed. Then return to the right lane.
מקור:http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/dmanual/ch ... manual.htm